We take great pride in our knowledge of all things cannabis, and we try to utilize that knowledge in finding new products. But we’ve held off on bringing any CBG oil into the mix until we could see reports of its effects. In theory, the compound seemed promising. And after monitoring some preliminary studies and anecdotal accounts, we’ve decided to bring you this compound.

But, you may be asking, “what IS CBG?”

We’re here to provide some answers, as always. Read on to find out more about this fascinating compound.

A Hidden Treasure?

CBG is short for cannabigerol. It’s one of over 100 known cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. This cannabinoid is often thought of as the “mother” or “stem cell” cannabinoid, as it is mostly converted into other cannabinoids. Almost 99% of CBG is converted to THC or CBD, during the growth process. This synthesis leaves only around 1% CBG remaining in adult plants. Due to its scarcity, it has remained relatively pricey until very recently – as growers have begun to produce strains with high concentrations of CBG to meet the high demand.

What Does it Do?

While research and scientific data on cannabigerol is still in its infancy, it is assumed to have similar effects as CBD. In studies on mice, CBG has been shown to have positive effects on IBS and Huntington’s disease. We do know that cannabinoids are shown to have neuroprotective qualities. And European research shows us that cannabigerol has antibacterial properties, specifically in relation to MRSA.

Furthermore, as CBG is a cannabinoid, it is known to react with receptors found in the endocannabinoid system. The eCS helps regulate normal functions in the body, like inflammation, pain, and anxiety.

How To Take CBG

So far, the compound comes mostly in the form of oils or tinctures, much like CBD. We currently offer a tincture by Extract Labs. This tincture contains equal amounts of both CBD and CBG (500mg each.) You can check it out here.

Surely, we will offer more forms of this promising compound in the future. Keep up to date on any updates we have by signing up for our mailing list.

One Response

Comments are closed.